Concert photography with the X-T1
Sure the last few months have shown some very minor hiccups and I have a list of things I would like to see improved, but even if this is the last camera Fuji ever makes I am more than happy to keep the X-T1 as it is for the rest of my life!
My list of issues / or items to be improved
- When chasing lightning storms in the middle of the night I lost the eyecup since tossing the camera & tripod in and out of the car proved a bit too harsh for the eyecup. Luckily I found it the next morning.
- I also had the SD door cover fall off during the concert shoot– thankfully it was just a case of forcing it lightly back on.
- I also have the light leak when the USB/HDMI door cover is open , but since placing some masking tape, I have had no issues since.
- The AF selection buttons on the back have been an issue since the start with most users. Thankfully I have found a set of leather stick-ons that add the needed substance for a better feel! Thanks ducva :-)
- There are times when it blacks out when the battery in the grip is dead before it decides to switch to the main battery – surely a firmware update will fix that.
- I also hope the upcoming firmware update will give me the choice for more control for the number of frames in high speed mode – hate being stuck at 8 when all I need is 4-5 fps.
- No secret that the whole Fuji community wants the movie record button to be programmable – Just make it a Fn button please.
- OK, what about bracketing for HDR work – so far I have been getting all the range I need simply by using the the BKT button in combination with the exposure compensation dial – I just wind the dial to minus 3 shoot 3 frames and then to plus 3 and shoot another – surely not ideal, but doable till a firmware update allows otherwise.
- I also wish the spot metering would relocate with the AF position.
- Plus I wish Fuji gives us the ability to disable the auto-zoom function in focus assist mode.
- A larger capacity battery would be a welcome
- I would also like a customizable Q-menu. In its current form I find that I am not using it